Highlights of Scotland
- 11 October
Am not really making important changes on the Scotland web pages.
apart from repairing broken links if I find any. There are already
more than enough webpages on Scotland around these days;
mine are simply kept as they are.
- Did now, however, update the pages on
Scottish Liqueurs, adding some
info to some existing pages and adding pages for newly found
- 6 March
- Made at the bottom of the picture pages links to a "previous" and
a "next" page, thus creating a Picture Tour; the pages are
linked together in the order in which they were made, which is
thus a somewhat arbitrary order. Start, for instance, at
- Made at the same time the main links there to the
Site Map and the
Contact Me page, as is (to be)
done for all other pages at my Web site.
- 5 February
- Added two pages with photos (one with
some more pre-historic sites
and another with
some more diverse photos)
with photos that were scanned for some reason or other, and I
though I might as well put them on the Web too.
- Re-arranged some more things a little.
- To reduce disc usage, converted the gif pictures that appeared
when you clicked on one of my photos into jpeg pictures, as
well as some other gif's (thus saving some 9 Mb!)
- Added also three pages to the collection of
Scottish Liqueurs, describing
some Scotch Whisky based, but non-Scottish, liqueurs.
- Made various small corrections and an occational addition to the
Scottish liqueurs overview;
details were not logged -- sorry.
- 12 June
- On this day I arrived back in The Netherlands, after a nice holiday
in South-West Scotland, following the end of my Dundee contract
at 31 May.
- 25 May
- 21 May
- Added a page about Heather Reid,
who presents the weather forecast on tv for BBC-Scotland on
- Changed the text on some pages here and there to the past tense,
as my stay in Dundee is almost over:
I return to The Netherlands at the beginning of June.
- 8 april
- Added a clickable map (35kb),
where clicking on a red square leads to a page with a photo
taken in that area.
- 13 september
- Added the lyrics of two song about the
Massacre of Glencoe, one
is the tradional version and
the other is Moira Kerr's The
glen of weeping.
- Added a page about Scottish
liqueurs and a few subpages there about the liqueurs
I have tasted so far.
Other liqueurs and even the odd whisky added later.
- Noticed that the read permissions of the Scotland photo page
Glen Coe -- part 2
were wrong and corrected that -- sorry about this.
It was wrong since 26 Aug. 1997 but I have no idea why.
No-one was allowed to read the page, but no-one seemed to mind:
no-one sent me an email complaining about it ....
If you get an error accessing my Web pages, please
let me know
so that I can correct it -- thank you.
- 9 september
- Corrected the Scotland
photo index, which contained a few erroneous links -- sorry
- Finally also added the picture of
with apologies for the delay.
- 28 August
- 14 May
- 14 October
- 5 August
- To reduce loading time:
- Changed all inlined pictures to .jpg format.
- Replace a few small inlined pictures by textual links.
- 3 July
- Created the first Scotland pages, about the holiday I just had
along Highlights of Scotland,
the text of which used to be on the
main Scotland page but was moved to a
new page in 1996, to allow for additions during my stay in Dundee.
Go (back) to:
Main Scotland page #
Scotland photo index
Jos van Geffen --
Site Map |
created: 5 August 1996
last modified: 11 October 2011